Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering (ABE) emphasizes on the use of engineering and management in the process of biomass production to fulfill the people needs as well as to maintain the environmental sustainability. The primary aim of the Graduate of Agricultural Engineering is to educate the students to be able to do individual research and to create innovation and technology to become the future professional scientist in the field of agriculture focusing on the appropriate engineering and management aspects.
The students who have completed the program should be able to practice, apply and develop into a professional in the field of agricultural engineering. The students who have completed the program should have following competencies:
- Able to identify, understand, and explain sustainable tropical industrial agricultural system using principles of agricultural engineering science.
- Able to design and construct, as well as to manage natural resources, equipment, industrial processes in an environmentally friendly tropical agricultural systems using the principles of agricultural engineering science
- Able to perform scientific communication effectively and responsive to the application of science and technology in the field of agriculture engineering.
- Able to perform an experiment, as well as to analyze and interpret data to improve the performance of agriculture and biosystems.
- Able to show a professional and innovative work in the field of agricultural engineering in accordance with ethical norms of public life.
- Able to evaluate or analyze the sustainable tropical industrial agricultural system using principles of agricultural engineering science
- Able to apply a competitive technology based on local raw materials and local wisdom in tropical industrial agriculture.